The Memphis Central Office, under the direction of the Memphis Area Intergroup Association, serves the greater Memphis metropolitan area.
The Central Office is always looking for volunteers to work in the office, and to answer Twelfth Step calls. If you would like to lend some of your time and energy to help support these efforts, please contact the Central Office at 454-1414.
Memphis Area Intergroup, and A.A. service in our community depend on A.A. members volunteering their time and energy. It is a small price to pay for sobriety. The Central Office encourages your interest in “being of service”. Volunteer! Service work is a vital part of A.A. life. We can use volunteers with a few months sobriety, to a few decades. Call or stop by the office, or come to the monthly business meeting. There is a kind of service work particularly suited to you. All of the committees can use volunteers.
Possible Areas of Service:
- I would like to be added to the twelve-step call lists.
- I have several hours during the week (or every other week) that could spend at the office, answering phones, and assisting folks who stop by for books and literature, please call our office manager. (Office Volunteer)
- I am available to share my experience, strength and hope at meetings in detox.
- I would like to help take meetings into institutions and treatment centers.
- Get me signed up with the members that visits jails and prisons (I am warrant free!).
- I could help get the message that A.A. is here out to the public.
- I am an active type, sign me up for Special Events Committee.
- I am a professional sort, let me help with the Professional Community.